Kids and Chickens!

marshallchick

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 6, 2015

I am a proud mother of two little boys, Lyman and Wyatt. We just got a new flock in the back yard for the first time after having children, and my older of the two couldn't be more into them. He enjoys the responsibility of checking for eggs and locking them up tight at night. We have an adolescent Americana named Angel that just started laying. My hubby heard our son scream Bloody Mary down at the coop and we were sure something was wrong. Well we were wrong...it was a scream of joy at the sight of angels first mint green egg. We have since incubated two eggs and are currently adding to the flock. These beauty's are a mix of our rooster Americana and a New Hampshire Red hen. Can't wait to see what these two mixed together will look like. Fingers crossed neither one is a roo. Much love to all you chicken people.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC! There isn't anything much cuter than chicks + kids. Congrats on getting your 1st egg! Nice to have you join us, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom