Kids before we are ready?? Help! Are we hours away or days away?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by friendlyearth, Jan 26, 2009.

1. friendlyearth

friendlyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Thats the mucos plug - so I'll say you still have a few days to a couple weeks. But then you never know til they're pushing!

3. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    She looks really close. Better pictures would help. You know how the goats want to cooperate for pictures. I'm so excited for you!

4. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Babies soon [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't forget the camera [​IMG]

5. friendlyearth

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Thanks! I told my daughter I thought it was probably the mucous plug. It dropped off a few minutes ago and nothing else is showing at the moment so I'm thinking (and hoping) we still have at least a couple days.

As typical she isn't very cooperate for the camera. We did get some side pics (not great ones, but pics) but now the camera isn't cooperating in loading them to the computer!

Her belly is now round underneath. The baby(ies) have moved definitely. She is concaved on the side. Back is no longer straight across, but goes up before going down.

I don't know exactly when she was bred, but from the previous owners information I think the earliest she could have bred is about 9-1 which would make her due on Wednesday.

I am heading off to get some straw for bedding. Please keep giving me your ideas! I will post updated pics as the next few days goes on if my camera cooperates!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Have you checked her ligaments yet? Her tail sure seems erect so they arent totally gone yet but would check them to see if they are going. Thats another way to know sortof when they are getting closer...

7. friendlyearth

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Quote:I tried, but I was pretty clueless. She is noisy, but we locked her in the barn. Rebecca hooked up the baby monitor so we can hear what is going on [​IMG]

8. animalgirl2010

animalgirl2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    bootheel of missouri
    Mine had that the day she had them. She had no discharge previous to that day so I thought I had a while left but she had it later that day.

9. friendlyearth

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Tail ligaments are gone today. I guess we are getting closer. Rebecca has been out in the barn for hours! The baby monitor is on so she can give me play by play. Nothing big seems to be happening yet.

10. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    We'll be waiting for pictures:celebrate I hope you don't have to wait too long. From the time my doe started loosing her plug until she had her kids it was 3 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by