kids cough medicine was the cure!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by juleigh chicken lover, Nov 21, 2009.

1. juleigh chicken lover

juleigh chicken lover New Egg

Oct 18, 2009
    hi just to say a big thanx to everyone who answered my last question...my cockeral colin looked like he was on his way out, he had a bad "cold" n lost his cockadoodle doo it was a sneeze and a cough...we decided to try trixelics kids cough medicine as a make or break, we got a srynige caught colin morning and night 3days later colin woke us at 6am singing loudly....[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    wow, great information, what is the generic ingredient in the cough medicine and what dosage did you use.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Wow! good info! thanks! trixelics? I never heard of that brand..

4. Thanks for the info. I will go to Walgreen and look what the generic ingredients are in this for the group.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Note to self: If and when ANY of my roos lose their crow. Do NOT give them children's cough medicine.

6. [​IMG]

7. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

funny Mahonri !

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Be careful giving birds human meds. Tylenol is a no-no, as is anything with benzocaine or lidocaine, which can kill them. And if he had a cough, he probably is not cured, just his symptoms relieved. Chickens get diseases that make them carriers, so if you see others coming down with what he had, that's probably why.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by