Kids get sick at the worst times!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SpringChickens, Jun 6, 2010.

1. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    My daughter woke up this morning sick - 103.2 fever. Poor kid!

Of course, this is right before one of the busiest weeks I've EVER had... I got four undergraduate students in on Friday who I need to train to do research this summer - 9-5 everyday, PLUS I have qualifying exams from 8-5 on Tuesday and Wednesday. If I don't pass qualifying exams, I don't get to continue on in this doctoral program.

On top of all that, my husband is having a ridiculously busy week at his work. He has two drivers out and so he needs to do their routes for them, so he can't afford to miss any time either. We live 2,000 miles away from our closest family... yuck

*Sigh*... isn't this how life always works?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:yes ma'am [​IMG] Luckily you'll look at this week coming up with a tired eye after the fact.

3. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Thanks Boyd. Yep, I think I'm going to be VERY thankful come Thursday.

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear DD is sick, hope she feels better real soon.[​IMG] Good luck on all you have to do this week.

5. cassie

cassie Crowing

Mar 19, 2009
    When my brother was a kid he managed to schedule his major illnesses/accidents requiring hospitalization for New Years, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. He would manage to ruin at least one holiday every year. I think he was one of the main reasons I decided to never have children of my own.....

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Crowing

Aug 12, 2009
    Speedy healings for your little one! I told my dh we need someone to care for the kids when they are ill if both of us are needed to work,because staying home with a child is very frowned upon by many employers.

7. Melissa034

Melissa034 Chirping

May 17, 2010
    St. Paris
    maybe you have a trusted friend who can help? if not you can only do so much and people will just have to understand. If they dont they're the ones that have the problem

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by