Kids get sick at the worst times!

SpringChickens

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Lexington, KY
My daughter woke up this morning sick - 103.2 fever. Poor kid!

Of course, this is right before one of the busiest weeks I've EVER had... I got four undergraduate students in on Friday who I need to train to do research this summer - 9-5 everyday, PLUS I have qualifying exams from 8-5 on Tuesday and Wednesday. If I don't pass qualifying exams, I don't get to continue on in this doctoral program.

On top of all that, my husband is having a ridiculously busy week at his work. He has two drivers out and so he needs to do their routes for them, so he can't afford to miss any time either. We live 2,000 miles away from our closest family... yuck

*Sigh*... isn't this how life always works?

Last edited:
Quote:
yes ma'am
smile.png
Luckily you'll look at this week coming up with a tired eye after the fact.

When my brother was a kid he managed to schedule his major illnesses/accidents requiring hospitalization for New Years, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. He would manage to ruin at least one holiday every year. I think he was one of the main reasons I decided to never have children of my own.....

Speedy healings for your little one! I told my dh we need someone to care for the kids when they are ill if both of us are needed to work,because staying home with a child is very frowned upon by many employers.

maybe you have a trusted friend who can help? if not you can only do so much and people will just have to understand. If they dont they're the ones that have the problem

Back
Top Bottom