Kids, hug your parents; parents, hug your kids.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PotterWatch, Mar 6, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It was a sad evening in my house last night and promises to be an even sadder day today. One of my husband's cousins will probably pass away today. She is a young woman, just in her mid-30's. Two days ago, she had a procedure done to remove/correct (not sure how they do it), some vericose veins. Yesterday she suffered a pulmonary embolism and collapsed in her home. Her two daughters, ages 11 and 13, found her on the floor and called 911. They were able to restart her heart and transport her to the local ER. She has not woken up and appears to have no brain activity. Her husband has signed a DNR and she is not expected to live past the next 24hrs. Her daughters are from her first marriage, so her current husband will not only lose his wife, but the two girls he has been helping to care for for the past couple of years since they will be going to live with their father. Just shows you how quickly things can change in your life. So hug your kids, your parents, give loved friends and family a call to let them know how much they mean to you.

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    When things like that happen it does make you stop and realize how quickly things can change! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers and I'm going to hug my kids everyday, I do always make sure I tell them I love them everytime they leave me so now I'll include a hug as well! [​IMG]

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

4. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    We always tell our grown children we love them and DH hugs the sons too--not something he grew up with in his family.

In these difficult times, we tell our children that home and family are most important. Other things we can't change. So sorry for this family, especially the children.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I never fail to hug my kids and my Ken every single day as often as possible. I am so sorry for you and your husband.

6. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    I just hugged my 4yr old DD Sami & told her how much I love her. Thank you.

One for you, too [​IMG]

Suellen

7. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I said a prayer for them and thanks for reminding me that we are only on this earth temporarily.

Mary

8. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    She has passed. They took her off life support and her girls held her hands until she was gone. Thanks for the words of comfort and prayers. I know her girls and husband will need them the most.

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear that Potter.

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    So sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by