Kids were worried sick!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by AlabamaChickenLady, Mar 22, 2011.

1. AlabamaChickenLady

AlabamaChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Oak Grove, Alabama
    Just this morning, the kids woke me up extra early [​IMG] to tell me that one of the chicks had a peice of pine bedding stuck in their beak. My son proudly told me that he removed it. [​IMG] But my oldest daughter (panicing) told me that the chick had a hole in its beak and it was bleeding. [​IMG] So, I took the chick in my hands, looked it over closely, and informed the worried kids that the hole in the beak was just a nostril. And then I told them that the chick only suffered from a bloody nose(just barely a drop of blood) due to the pine chip. Then I put the chick back in the brooder, the kids went off to school, and I went back to bed. [​IMG]

I guess 20+ years of mothering has paid off. LOL I can now diagnose a nose bleed in a baby chick!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Aw! It's sweet that they were so worried, though.

4. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:x2

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I think it's great that they were paying that much attention and wanted to remedy the situation.

6. AlabamaChickenLady

AlabamaChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Oak Grove, Alabama
    Ya, I have some pretty great kids. They keep a close eye on all the chicks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by