1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted On kijiji about babysitting, And Tried to Find a babysitting job, For I am still to young to work and not to young to babysit.
    So I called Somebody and well. 2-3 weeks later, I got a phone call back, and guess what, I'm babysitting on Saturday.

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats! [​IMG]

3. Tikkajazz94

So Now I have to Get all my babysitting stuff I got from the Red Cross Course out, hmm where did I put it, lol

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol more power to ya!

i LOVE babies but babysitting is hard for me [​IMG]

i think it will be easier when i watch my own kids?...... someday [​IMG]

5. Tikkajazz94

Well, its the Ages of the Kids that Count, They are 7, which I handled Lots of them, and 1 1/2 which is going to be the hardest, But I have babysat Lots of kids, I had a Neighbor that I babysat their kids, One of them a baby.

I hope you get your own kids.

6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I was about 14 the first and only time I babysat. There were 3, probably 5-9. It was a nightmare; the kids saw me as opportunity to go wild. I managed to keep the house intact but decided I would never have kids, and never babysat again.

Do hope you have better experiences!

7. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Ahh.. I remember the first time I babysat - I was 12 - it started my long illustrious "career" [​IMG] until I could legally work at 15 1/2 years old. I was scared to death the first time I watched a newborn..but... thankfully Mom did childcare so I knew what to do. Ah.. that seems like so many years ago...hmm... probably because it WAS so many years ago (like 27!) [​IMG]

CONGRATS to you for being so prepared and taking a Red Cross course! YAY!! [​IMG] Wish more babysitters were like you... Bravo!! [​IMG]

Dont get discouraged before you start - I'm sure you'll hear horror stories about babysitting - but, you are you and as long as you take care of your charges (kids) then you're ahead of the game! Just remember what you were hired to do and not to do and you'll have phone calls coming in left and right [​IMG]

8. Tikkajazz94

I hope they are going to be nice, or if they would be Wild animals!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by