Kiki's Fresh Freaky Friday Fun Fudge Fantastic-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, but to think that someone would be crazy enough to jeopardize their health like that and others especially...I know I know they do it all the time but...
And yet, they did it ... treating it like the Chicken Pox Parties our Moms used to do, so everyone would get exposed and be done with it before school started. These days, people just don't get that this is NOT like chicken pox. People is STOOPID!

And yet, they did it ... treating it like the Chicken Pox Parties our Moms used to do, so everyone would get exposed and be done with it before school started. These days, people just don't get that this is NOT like chicken pox. People is STOOPID!
You get chicken pox once ( there are exceptions). COVID-19 we don't know.

Okay Folks, I need to get serious o a different note for a minute. DD called from her BF's place to tell me that one of his mother's poults was "walking funny" and falling over. She sent me pids of what could have been bumblefoot ... but wasn't. "Mom" took the youngster to the vet, who did a fecal float (some worms, but not an overload) and put her on antibiotics for possible Marek's. Marek's! Apparently they can't test a live bird? So if the antibiotics end and the bird is still "sick," It's Marek's? Something doesn't sound right. This broad doesn't know what she's talking about on a whole lot of fronts, so I have absolutely ZERO trust in her take on this.
So - my questions are:
1. Is there a test for Marek's in a live bird?
2. I know that some birds can live on as carriers, does she need t stay away from his chickens forever?
3. DD's clothes (and DD) went into the wash immediately. How do I disinfect her leather cowboy boots?

Funny because someone just mentioned messing with you might get you rattled. I knew you weren't gonna get bent from me.
No I'm truly honestly curious why so many have wanted to see what I look like just because ive been teasing with some here.
Good to know you're talking about me behind my back, thanks for that. 🥰 (nice edit!)
We're all just curious to see what the fuss is about, except Mare I guess. Sly dog.

Okay Folks, I need to get serious o a different note for a minute. DD called from her BF's place to tell me that one of his mother's poults was "walking funny" and falling over. She sent me pids of what could have been bumblefoot ... but wasn't. "Mom" took the youngster to the vet, who did a fecal float (some worms, but not an overload) and put her on antibiotics for possible Marek's. Marek's! Apparently they can't test a live bird? So if the antibiotics end and the bird is still "sick," It's Marek's? Something doesn't sound right. This broad doesn't know what she's talking about on a whole lot of fronts, so I have absolutely ZERO trust in her take on this.
So - my questions are:
1. Is there a test for Marek's in a live bird?
2. I know that some birds can live on as carriers, does she need t stay away from his chickens forever?
3. DD's clothes (and DD) went into the wash immediately. How do I disinfect her leather cowboy boots?
There actually is a test for live birds. I'm waiting on their "special swabs" now. Apparently they "rarely accept" anything from outside of their lab. Marketing ploy if you ask me.

I'm going to draw some blood from my wry neck girl and send off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom