Kiki's Fresh Freaky Friday Fun Fudge Fantastic-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are u trying to rival @KDOGG331 novels???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nope.

Not trying to do anything untoward. Just educate the Dog-ness. I figure if she's on this thread as often as she statistically seems to be then, on occasion..... If it's pertinent.... She might gain some wisdom and put it work in her future for self reliance and general stuff.

*THAT* is highly inaccurate stance to have about building Vs. get vs. restore/renovate

The old addage is still extremely true. There are 3 rules to real estate: location, location, location.

There is such a variation on building to the variables are just mind numbing.
One scale you can use is price per square foot. BUT, and it's a gigantic Butt..... There again variables come into play.

Let's say you see a property with a base price of 10K per acre and they nearby building contractors are all charging $45-55.00 per square foot so the house will still cost you a pretty penny.

As a wierd detail we got really lucky when we found this house. It was a foreclosure. If I remember correctly it was about $47/sq ft IF.... IF, you ignore the acreage completely in the sale price.

Around this county single acre lots are in the 25-80K range "empty" with no gas, water or sewer hookups at the curb.
A water well last I knew was $30-50K depending on which depth aquafer you went to.

Do your homework on the tax rolls in the counties you might want to get property in. It's not very hard. It's one of the 1ST steps we do when we look at something for sale.
It shows the split on taxes: lot and building etc.

It's actually not overwhelming, more like a fun crossword puzzle. The math is all very simple.and once you start to *see* the patterns in taxes. It's no different the watching the price of gas or diesel at the pumps across town or the nation.

Here's a fast parallel, with the same level of math.
Your vehicle gets 20mpg (freeway speeds) on avg.
A drive to Detroit from Dallas is gonna take ~50 gallons - one way - or ~100 round trip with no extra driving.
(I just opened the fuel buddy app for reference) diesel is "on average" around $2/gallon. So that's ~$200 for the fuel round trip.

Not hard math at all, right?
Oh wow that’s expensive :eek: it’s expensive here too. I’ve occasionally been looking for fun for like a while and some areas are so cheap it’s crazy! So then I see the prices here and I’m like yeah no 😂🤣 I try to look at the taxes too. Usually Zillow and some of the other sites have them listed but I’ve heard the prices on Zillow aren’t always accurate or up to date.

Are u trying to rival @KDOGG331 novels???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
However, I am serious thinking about writting a legit article for the coop challenge... I do have a sincere stack of plans drawn up showing its evolution and ... Well, the build thread really doesn't do it justice imho.

Nope.

Not trying to do anything untoward. Just educate the Dog-ness. I figure if she's on this thread as often as she statistically seems to be then, on occasion..... If it's pertinent.... She might gain some wisdom and put it work in her future for self reliance and general stuff.
I’m pretty sure Muddy was just kidding/messing with ya hah but I did read it and it’s very nice of you to do that so thank you!

Sorry I had to go have a blowout with ds over SOCKS!!!! I finally yelled at top of my lungs to do your own f word Laundry if your mommy don’t do it fast enough or good enough to suit you!!!! Your f word adult already!!!!!
I get it. One parent to another..... We have many kiddos. It's frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom