Killed a Coon this morning

doublejfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Modoc, SC
I go up earlier than usual this morning and went to check on my birds before leaving home. This was at 2:00 am. When I got close to the coop I heard something running away from the coop ( other coons I guess) buy anyway there he was looking at my girls and looking at me, caught red handed. I quickly dispatched him with a stray t-post. And found how they were getting in. A hole in the wire no bigger than a softball where my PVC feeder used to be. I patched it and am hoping for the best. Do y'all think that they can eat through chicken wire? They are persistent.

No matter how angry we are, bypassing the censor with symbols is a no-no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattemma

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Someone once posted a picture of a havahart trap all tore up by a coon.The chicken wire would be nothing to them. I keep my trap set 24/7 and recently dispatched 2 more coons totaling 7 now!

scottfarm

Songster
9 Years
Jun 25, 2010
MILL CREEK, WV
yes they will go through chicken wire to get to your birds. yes i have seen big coons damage live traps. better keep watching they will be back for food. good luck

Ole rooster

Songster
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
Milner, Georgia
A haveahart trap won't work for me. When it comes to anything trying to get at my hens, I don't have a hart. But I do keep my .380 on my belt.

Top Bottom