killed Mayhem (GRAPHIC DETAIL)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henny peeny, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    We talked of killing the chickens and Mayhem has attacked me a few times, Yesterday was it. I was watering them and he attacked me then I was walking out and he attacked me again. Not sure why, clothing, shoes, I have no clue but he is getting more and more fiece so he doesn't have spurs YET but in time he would and if one of the grand kids walked in and he attacked them well I just thought it best. OK we normally kill them with a knife but my husband was not around and I did this on my own.

He said to use a bb gun and shoot in the eye, ok people no this is not how to do it, my next shot was the back of the head where the brain stem is I would of did this right off but a moving target is hard to get and I had my hens around him so I had to take the first shot to get him to be still. The second shot did it I grabbed him and to make sure it was a done deal I had him in my arms and made sure he would depart from this world.

We are having him today he is in the crock pot.

Rhayden

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I can't say I blame you! You're right, a mean rooster could definitely do some damage to a grandchild. Especially if they're toddlers!

Enjoy the meal and I think you did the right thing,

Sharon (A grandma too!)

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I would have killed him too. You should get one of those rabbit wringers.Just stick his neck in their and yank. Cute name.

http://therabbitwringer.com/

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I just hang 'em up by the feet and cut the throat with a sharp utility knife. Works for me.

5. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    thanks never saw the rabbit wrangler saw video saw chicken done to looks good humane didn't even kick the rabbit that is. My husband could build one of them things THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

I kinda feel bad for him my husband now he thinks we will not have any more eggs. I have two in a small rabbit cage which is 6 ft long 4 ft wide and 22 inches high small huh? and they are laying eggs without a rooster I reckon I should ask him why are they without one huh? how did this get started of a rooster has to be there for egg to be laid I thought it was fo reproduction OH anyone hear of a oval egg is a rooster m... seem to me the people raising chickens and if ovasl they would eat them eggs or sell them and not have any roosters unless to replace for reproduction.

Just some thoughts

Rhayden

6. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Well if you want to have some fun. Tell your DH that it is the roosters crow that cause hens to want to lay eggs. If he wants eggs then he'll have to crow for them occasionally.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by