Killing cones ?

chickenlover02

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2015
What is a killing cone how does it work I just saw one for the first time and my God it looks terrible.

I want to say I am not against the killing of any animal ( I hunt) It just looks like a killing cone is torture or some trap out of a saw movie. ( I dont like saw)

Chicken lover, it is actually really great and works with the chickens natural systems for a peaceful ending. Chickens naturally calm down when held upside down (this is why you can carry them by the feet if you need to move them, they will calm down and not fight you.)
Once they are in the cones you use a sharp knife to make a slit in large veins on both sides of the neck and their heart quickly and efficiently pumps all of the blood out of the body in seconds. As far as I am concerned, it is the best way to take a chickens life with dignity, and know they aren't suffering.

I've used them for turkeys and ducks too. It keeps them from bruising the meat by flopping around on the ground as well.

Yeah, ot relaxes them, and its less stressful for the butcher... i chopped my loser roosters head off on a log... it was slighty traumatic for both of us.

If you are on an "eat what you kill" diet you want the best possible death.

Check out the best endings. Keep researching until you find out the best way, this may be it.

Consider that in the wild predators attack viciously. They start eating their victim before it is dead, and feels sorts of pain.

You've seen a clean shot as a hunter and celebrated when done right, and maybe even felt tragedy and the awfulness of a gut shot, entrails of a doe getting caught on branches as it tries to flee.

Apply your hunting sensibility to this chicken slaughtering.

As a former vegetarian I approve of a good life for the chicken but a better death than a possum, raccoon or fox could give it.

Back
Top Bottom