kind of sad today:(

sheila3935

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Stonington, illinois
Tomorrow the chicks I hatched out 3 weeks ago are going to their new home. I have a guy that wants all 22. Was thinking of keeping 4 but have decided to go on ahead and let him take them all. I am happy that this late in the season I found someone to sell them to but sad to see them go. I watched and fretted over them coming into this world. Guess I will just have to do it again, but think I'll wait til spring.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
It's really hard to let them go, especially when YOU hatched them out.
Glad you found them a home, though.

I know how sad you are!!!

I purchased 11 three week old chicks in Aug.... KNOWING I couldn't/wouldn't keep them all... So, I started early on deciding which ones I would keep...Well, when the time came @ 16 weeks to sell them I still didn't know which ones I wanted to stay...And I was sad but my 3yo grandson was heart broken.. I sold 7 and could have sold 3 x as many ...12$ each.. I will be buying more babies or maybe some hatching eggs if I have a broody... It was fun and a great learning experience for my grandson..

Last edited:
I know what you mean about selling more. After I agreed to sell all 22 to one guy I have several more phone calls. One lady asked if I was going to hatch in the spring I told her probably she said she was going to keep my number and call in March she also wants ducks so I guess if my kahki campbell ever decides to lay I'll hatch some of those too. I really didnt want to have to sell these but when I got the eggs I promised my hubby we wouldnt keep them all. That would make us 48 chickens. And... this way to maybe I can sneak in some other breeds I have been wanting.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom