Kind words?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 16, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    It's officially 1:23 in the morning where I am, and if anyone is up that can offer kind words please do. It's been such a bad night and I'm frustrated, upset, angry, flighty, and so on the edge I can't sleep. I can't really tell you what's going on, all I can day is it involves my family and my mom's friend.

Just because you live your life sloppy doesn't mean you have to rub it off on them. Seriously. If I ever see that woman's face or her boyfriend's face again I'll tell them exactly what's on my mind just like I was raised.

Is there anyone awake out there now that could just...give me a cheer up? This whole past week has been...difficult:

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    In my life I have had many days like this. As much as it really isn't fun at all it really does make you appreciate the good things even more. No doubt besides what you are focused on right now there are good things in your life right now too. After a while you train yourself to shift gears and turn your energy and focus to those. It is a very good survival tactic.

3. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Take a deep breath several times and slow your breathing and blood pressure down. Once you do those things accept thoughts in your mind that are positive. Cant think of anything? FIND something to direct or distract yourself at this moment. Let yourself think, I will be ok, the situation will be better, tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities for things to change in a positive fashion.
    Things will get better, keep telling yourself that is the what will come to pass.
    Hope this helps....

4. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Or find someone on here or in person to VENT.....just let out all of your concerns and frustrations. Sometimes being able to express them gives you an ownership of them that helps you cope....

5. Gullygarden

Gullygarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    I am so sorry you are having a hard time. What I do in moments like that is I write down how I feel in a letter to the person. However, I never post it or hit send. After I write. it, I go to sleep, if I can. The next day I edit the letter to be tactful and I still wait to actually give It to the person. I wait till I can really decide if It would make things better. I did really fix a bad situation by sending one of these once, but I must have spent a week rewriting it. Good luck!

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    All good advice given here. Relaxing, thinking about something, anything positive, writing a letter and tossing it, all good!

Here's two quotes that I keep hanging by my desk to help me stay positive:

"We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, over-reacting, and taking things too personally." ~ Tenzin Gyatso

(I'm not implying you are over-reacting, I don't know what the problem is, but I know that helps to calm me down sometimes)

and:

"Be content with what you have. Rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." ~ Lao Tzu

These might not fit your stress specifically, but I find that taking a moment to ponder both of those quotes whenever I am stressed really helps to remind me that things could be so much worse, and that I need to slow down, breathe, and be grateful for my life. I hope they inspire you too. [​IMG]

7. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Hang in there..... [​IMG] my mom's answer to everything difficult in life always seemed to be "what doesn't kill you might be hard but it will only make us stronger" it is true!!!! This too shall pass!!!!!

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

I hope you get to feeling better. It can be hard when you see the people you love upset or when you are at odds with the people you love.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by