Kinda an odd one but... shoes too?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by saddina, Jul 26, 2011.

1. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I know dress sizes have been slipping up for years (a 1970's L is now a s/m) has anyone noticed this trend in shoes? I have somewhat small feet (size 6), and I went shoe shopping today and found that the 6's and even the 5's were too long for me, I ended up in a pair of 4.5's. As my feet were already small enough to find hannah montana shoes in my size, I worried this is an upsizing trend. ( ended up with a pair of mary janes)

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I noticed that too! I normally wear an eight size shoes and ended up having to go 8.5 size. Same for clothes, wearing same size for years and the manuf. went up one size and I have not gain any weight either. Sounds like a cop out for extra money for big people!

3. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    See i would've thought feet grow and spead as you get older, instead mine seem to have shrunk 1.5 sizes? I really really don't want to have to shop in the kid's department again.

4. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I'm right there with ya! I wear a size 3.5 kids now... What the heck, serisouly?!

5. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:I was thinking maybe the lowest sizes is seeing this happen but not the normal range or larger ones? My sister wears an 11.5 (she's 5'10) so maybe sizes are creaping up to accomidate taller women?

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I know I have big feet.. always have my entire life..
    I used to wear an 11.5... now I wear a 10.. no idea why.. but if i try on a 11.5 they are like boats on me

7. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Yeah, i'm thinking they began vanity sizing in clothes mid 80's, maybe now they're doing it in shoes to make large footed women feel better? [​IMG]

8. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I wear a 5 normally and when I'm not pregnant, I was still in a 5. Hrm. I'm in a 6 right now. I'll try to remember AFTER Minotauro and Minotoro are here and I have feet back to report in on what size shoes I get.

9. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:You haven't been "on" your feet, dear, that's why they are shrinking. [​IMG]

I used to wear a size 9, then I had one kid and went to a 10, had another kid and went to an 11. Darn good thing I stopped having kids, I guess.

10. halfwaynowhere

halfwaynowhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    La Puente, CA
    I wish I had that problem! I'd love to squeeze into a 10, even. Its hard finding size 11 shoes around here, and shoe shopping is often quite depressing. My mom has tiny feet and often shops in the kids section, which just makes me feel worse! I'd love to be able to wear Hannah Montana shoes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by