1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kinda got a job offer!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cknmom, Dec 6, 2007.

1. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    I got a job offer today, finally!! But in talking to the guy,I told him about my recovering froom a broken ankle. He asked where I was in my recovery. I told him that I still use a can a few days or on and off during the week. He said that he cannot hire me until I can go without using it for at least a month, as the job is a non-stop standing, running around 8hr. job. He said that if he had a position that was open where it was all or patial sitting, he would hire me. He said they are always hiring and he will keep me in mind if a different position comes up and to get back to him when I am no longer using a cane. So, When I am ready, I have a job!! Maybe by Feb. Great Christmas present, a box full of HOPE!!

Monica

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I hope your ankle mends perfectly and that you can run circles around all the other workers by February!

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Cool!
    Here's hoping for a fast healing![​IMG]

4. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Congrats on the offer! Good luck! I wish you a quick healing!

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    It's too bad it isn't for right now, but it still sounds very positive for the new year. What is the job doing? Good luck in your recovery [​IMG]

6. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    It is a electronics parts distributor. If you take an electronic thing to best buy or somewhere for repair they order parts from this place. I would be using a hand held scanner on items in the warehouse, a computer would put them in the order needed. That is the main thing but other things are included in the job also. He said it is fast paced and non-stop. Just the way I like to work!

Monica

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by