Kinda gross Fun Fact

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jeeper1540, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you give a flock of chickens a head of Purple Cabbage to play teatherball with in the evening, you wake up the next morning and the coop and yard are covered in Blue Poo. Just a Fun Fact [​IMG]

2. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    [​IMG]

3. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    One time I gave mine rasberries and they had redish poo, it only happened once for some reason [​IMG]

4. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:ROFL! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Think I'll hafta try that, if nuttin else... the kids will think its funny [​IMG]

6. The Tinman

The Tinman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Fairfield County CT
    With blueberries you get the same result.

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    mine are eating a purple wondering jew vine and i am getting the same results

8. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    [​IMG] We used to live pretty close to a mid-size family run pig farm. You should of seen the pig fields after the beets were harvested and the excess fed to the pigs. It looked like an incredibly brutal battlefield post battle. Yuck!

9. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, i had tried it before, but this was the first time i thought of telling other people. The first time i went down to my coop last year and saw that, i was worried for a minute they were sick, but then i realized it was the cabbage lol

10. andythescot

andythescot Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Central Mass
    Bahaha, I gave mine a red pepper, and the next day all their poop was like... clay colored, and it had a sort of sweet smell to it. It sounds pleasant, but trust me, it was their grossest poops yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by