1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kinda new.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Harleyhorse, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Harleyhorse

Harleyhorse Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2015
    Hello. I currently have 12 chickens and two turkeys. The "Plastics" are 3 7 month old hatchery quality white Jersey Giants (roo and two pullets), the "Metals" are 3 Jersey Giants we hatched from a breeders stock (2 black pullets and a blue roo)at the end of August. The Gingera ,a cin queen and a red americauna who are the only ones laying ) and two one week old farm store chicks, a speckled sussex and a buff orp. Plus 9 in the incubator at day 16. We live in the Midwest with horses, dogs, cats and bunnies.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - sounds as if your flock is rapidly growing.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hello, and [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

It sounds like you have a a great farm with all of those animals! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's a very interesting flock you have growing there. You must be kept very busy with all your other animals too. Wishing you the very best of luck with your impending hatch :fl It sure is great to see when they emerge from the egg and you get to meet your new babies. I love incubating and hatching and it never gets boring.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Hope you will be able to post some pics when you have some hatchers. You can't beat chick pics!!

Enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi! [​IMG] Welcome! So glad you are enjoying your flock and your other critters! If you haven't yet clicked the drop down menu to explore the various forums, there are many helpful and interesting threads. Here is a thread for other pets and livestock you may enjoy as well. Best of luck to you!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

1 person likes this.
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch. :eek:)

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. Harleyhorse

Oct 25, 2015
    Thanks everyone. I wanted to join the halloween hatch along but can't seem to figure it out. Rules ect

10. Harleyhorse

Oct 25, 2015
    I feel bad I left out the little peckers my silky and mottled cochin roos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by