Kinda sad, three of my babies found a new home...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jettgirl24, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    My three little 8 week old roos found a wonderful new home with a woman who has a huge farm and is SUPER excited to have them. She loves Marans and has a bunch of girls for them. I'm so happy they found a nice home and I'm glad they got to go together so that they can keep each other company. I can't help but be a little sad though, they're from my very first hatch. I can't help but worry about them a little too because even though I think they're going to go to a wonderful home one never knows for sure. I just hope they have a great life filled with lots of lovely hens!

On the upside, my coop is much more spacious now for their 4 sisters and their other brother. I think everyone will be much happier with more room to run [​IMG]

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, it's always bittersweet finding a home for some of your birds! It sounds like they got a wonderful home, though. Those boys are lucky! [​IMG]

3. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Im glad they found a good home!

4. Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden Chicken Maiden

Jun 14, 2010
    Kansas
    I know you will miss them, but to have them go to a good home is wonderful, and how exciting for them with all those new ladies!

5. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

good job! still looking to rehome at least 3 or 4 of my new boys.

6. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I sold the last of my blue orphington pullets and had 3 roosters left over. I named them the 3 stooges and put them out in the bachelor barn. They free range daily and are loving life!
    Some people do not mind having extra roos around if they have the room for them...
    I probably have way more boys than girls here on the farm! When I sell laying hens or pullets I offer 1 or 2 roos to go with them free. Just never take a crate of them to an auction cause they will mostly get bought to be eaten. I have saved many a nice roo from that fate. Guess I am not in the hobby for money, just enjoyment... Just ask my hubby...[​IMG]

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Ive rehomed 7 roos so far this year and have 2 more to go maybe 3 I know how you feel. My hardest to let go was Olive/Oliver I waited so long hoping against hope he was a she. Finally at 12 weeks I let him go. Found him a great home and soon my BA roo is going to go with him. She wanted both but she didnt have a place to seperated Jet and I was afraid Oliver would hurt him as such an age difference but now Jet is getting big so about another month and Jet will get to go live with Oliver

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I haven't been trying very hard to rehome my "extra" roos. They're bantams, so they don't take up much space... [​IMG] (Everybody is free ranged, and 3 bantam roosters, 2 Sebrights and a Buff Brahma, roost in The Duck House with a cochin pullet.) No fighting, and the large fowl dominant roo, an EE, keeps everybody in line.

But I've got more roos "coming up" in the chicks I'm hatching. At least four in the two batches of chicks in brooders.

I don't really wanna re-home anybody I hatched or raised. I am gonna have to get over that, I think, before too long.

I'm so glad you got a good home for yours!!!

9. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I SO wish I had the room for a bachelor pad... I woulda kept them all [​IMG] Sadly we're in the city so between the small amount of space available and very close neighbors I'm happy I get to keep one for now... Hopefully he's not an aaaaaaalllllll daaaaaay looooong crower like my BO or he's gonna have to go too. I'm not all that worried about rehoming him though, he's so unbelievably gorgeous! I think blue copper is far and away my favorite chicken color ever [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by