Kinder goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by yoker, Apr 2, 2009.

1. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    does anyone have these?
    How do you like them?
    I would love some pics

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    My husband and I have been talking about getting goats for years. Kinder goats are the breed that I would most like to get. I'd be interested in seeing pictures too.

3. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Thanks
    Any pics?

4. goodwifefarm

goodwifefarm New Egg

Apr 14, 2009
    IL
    Hi,

I'm new here but I have Kinder goats and they are AWESOME! I love my Kinders! You can see pics of my goats here www.goodwifefarm.com
    I am currently only milking one doe (Tulip) twice a day and she still has one of this years triplets on her. I get about 5 pounds of milk a day between the two milkings even with the kid on her. She is a darling goat and I love her very much! I'm looking forward to milking her daughter Star late this fall. If you want goats, I'd say for sure get you some Kinders!

sarah

5. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your website. Very nice pictures. Boss looks like a great horse.

6. goodwifefarm

goodwifefarm New Egg

Apr 14, 2009
    IL
    Thanks.........[​IMG]

sarah

7. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Great website Sarah. I have never heard of Kinder goats before, are they a result of a mix or just a more rare breed?

PS Love the name tulip!

8. goodwifefarm

goodwifefarm New Egg

Apr 14, 2009
    IL
    Hi! Kinders are originally the result of a Pygmy buck and a Nubian doe. They were first bred by Pat Showalter of Washington. It's sort of complicated how it all works, but you breed a Pygmy to a Nubian, then breed the offspring of two of those crosses together, and so on and so forth...........getting certain "generations" of Kinders. I don't worry about all of that, I just want them to be Kinder enough to not have many Nubian characteristics, cause I'm bossy enough for us all, don't need to deal with Nubian bossiness!! [​IMG] All of my Kinders are "Kinder" enough to not have Nubians on their papers any more, and that works out best for me. They are somewhat rare and hard to find, but well worth it when you find good ones!

sarah

ps........you can start your own Kinder line by breeding a nice Pygmy buck to a nice Nubian doe and so on as I described above..........if you can't find quality Kinder stock in your area. That is lots more time consuming though, and I'm glad that I was lucky enough to find my friend Rhonda who lives within a couple hours of me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by