1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

King Pigeons

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by fowled-out, Sep 28, 2010.

1. fowled-out

fowled-out Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Hey guys I'm looking for some king pigeons, anyone have any or know where I can get some?

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    My sister used to live in San Francisco. Every Chinese New Year there would be hundreds of King Pigeons released as part of the celebration. Then they would end up lost on the streets or getting hit by cars, since they weren't really wild and didn't know how to cope. My sister was always scooping them up and taking them to Animal Control. They would be inundated with the big white birds. Since Chinese New Years is in February, you may or may not find some Kings at the San Francisco SPCA or Animal Control, but it couldn't hurt to try. Not too long a drive from Elk Grove.

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
  4. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Google Mickacoo pigeon and dove rescue. They are overflowing with King Pigeons needing homes. Their website willl say something about having to take classes before adopting, but thats not for pigeons. They will ship birds,

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
  6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I recommend Mickacoo [​IMG] They even ship!

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
  8. Jonathan Willia

Jonathan Willia New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    Look at WWW.Louisiana Market Bulletin.com there is a Pigeons title, ONLY Mr. Ray Vidrine in Washington La. will ship, his birds start at $5.00 each but R young birds. Don't buy from Foy"s Pigeon Supply or Strombergs Pets.com as U will pay $145.00 dollars 4 2 young UN-mated pairs.Also see Sacramento California C.L. Farm & Garden, Mr. Bobby Hue has Utility White Kings for only $10.00 dollars, and HE WILL ship. Get your boxes from WWW.boxesforbirds.com Mr. Mike & Sherrie Owens, they R Christians, & tell them Mark in Mobile Ala. told U 2 call. U want breeder age birds so that U can breed immediately so U can get some young birds coming fast. Send me a private message here. Foy"s only sells U young birds too.
    Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2016
  9. Jonathan Willia

Jonathan Willia New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    Palmetto Pigeon Plant in Sumter S.C. breeder age pairs are $80.00 dollars plus $20.00 dollars for box, Plus next day freight. Real great birds. Also see WWW.Louisiana Market Bulletin.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by