King Quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Goodwin5, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Goodwin5

Goodwin5 Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    Does anyone know where I can get king quail eggs or birds?[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Sure. If you live in Denmark, come to me ^^ You might want to tell what area you live in..
    On a side note, gosh, I hope that's the color one of my roos is turning. He's cinnamon (or some other dilute) though, so he won't be exactly like that one. He was mainly beige on his back and sides when I got him, with dark spots - similar to a red breasted hen, and with a very irregular bib. But more and more of his back feathers are becoming gray like that one, and his head and bib look quite similar to that now. He's not exactly pretty now, with all his mixed, faint colors, but I think he's moving in the right direction.

3. Goodwin5

Goodwin5 Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    I live in the states. I have 38 coturnix for meat and eggs and I came across this pic and was looking to get some colorful varieties my children.

4. Goodwin5

Goodwin5 Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    DK newbie is that Denmark Maine or the country Denmark?

5. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    The country ^^

6. Webb1

Webb1 New Egg

Jul 27, 2016
    Goodwin5-- In the states you have to look for Button Quail, same bird but we call it something different. The type in that picture is a type of Red-Breasted I've heard it called Black face or Darth Vader. I have quite a few types of buttons but I'm waiting on certification to ship or i would help you out. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by