King Suro 20 Incubator

justuschickens59

VA Royal Blues
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Virginia
Hi Folks,

I've been looking around for a new incubator and ran across this one. DOes anybody have one of these? If so, good, bad, ugly? I have looked at a couple of web sites, one has a Suro 20, the other a King Suro 20. So far, I have not been able to find a difference. Does anyone know?

thanks for any info.

Do a search on the king suro 20. There are several threads with mainly good reviews. I just got one and have it running side by side with a Brinsea 20 advance which is the same size and has the same capacity. Just day 2. So far so good. Subjectively the Suro is not as well balanced or built as the Brinsea but then again it only costs half as much at its current sale price of $249-299 depending on the vendor. Will reserve judgement until at least one hatch and then give a report on how the two compare.

a whole bunch of people have bought them recently. It is a great deal for an incubator that has auto humidity control. If you do a search under Suro, you will find lots of threads with discussion on them.

Thanks. I did a search, but apparently made a typo or something, because I only saw one thread.

I was looking at the Brinsea 20 Advance. It is on sale right now at Brinsea for $299. I'm wondering if I should get it.

Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks again for the help.

Quote:
Ok, so I have done a lot research on the table top incubators. I just got the RCOM 20, I also looked at the RCOM Suro and the Brinseas.

The Brinseas are very nice incubators, but to get the auto humidity control you have to buy the Advance EX.

Humidity control is a pretty important feature and that is why incubators that have it, are more expensive. The Suro has the auto humidity control and is less expensive than the Brinsea Advance which does not have auto humidity control. So the Suro is definitely a better deal for the money

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=287923

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=284374&p=1

I have one incubating eggs here right now, I can't say anything for hatch rate since I'm dealing with shipped eggs, but so far its been great. Its holding its temps fantastically. (set at 99.5 and it has held its temp between 99.5 and 100 even in my old uninsulated house which is pretty cold at night) and maintaining humidity. I'm impressed.

2 minor complaints:
it needs a better manual, the papers are a little confusing (but the unit itself is very user friendly)
those darn humidity sponge clips are a bit annoying, mine pop out with the sponge cut to a larger size, but its really not a huge deal.

But more pros than cons:
1. It has a humidity pump included (brinseas is sold seperate @ $125-$150) and you can put the tube in any container and can be bigger so you are not limited by a resevoir size.

2. It has a turner that is external, you just lift it off the turner to remove it for hatching, then just remove the rails (they just lift out without removing the eggs which sure beats having to remove eggs from an internal turner)

3. Its digital you set the temp with buttons and it stays, no knobs to fiddle with.

4. Sturdy, nice plastic housing. (no styrofoam) I am very happy with the quality.

I just bought one of these, and have 18 duck eggs in it (today's day 4).

After a frustrating first day (which ended up being totally my fault, because I hadn't put the lid on right!), this incubator has held temperature and humidity unbelievably well. It's at a rock solid 99.5 F temperature, never wavering more than .1 or .2 degrees, and a rock solid 55% humidity, never wavering more than 2%, and that only briefly. And this is set in my kitchen (which also happens to have a gas fireplace), so room temperature and humidity can be all over the place during the course of a day.

Granted I'm at the very beginning of my hatching experience, but I've been reading all the threads where people are having a terrible time regulating temperature and humidity. Once you get this incubator set up, it truly is "set and forget."

Thus far I am incredibly impressed with this incubator!

Back
Top Bottom