King suro 20 - no warrenty,no parts,no service+

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Trefoil, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    I bought my king suro20 in (I believe) late 2010, It worked great the first hatching season, over 90% hatch on shipped ebay eggs,5 or 6 times. I only had one low hatch rate. The next season (2012) something went wrong. When I bought it I thought it had a year guarantee and with it came a rider saying if I registered it on line I would get double the guarantee to two years, so of course I registered it on line. When I started having problems the year warranty wouldn't have been up, but when I inquired about it, I was told that the year warranty only applied out of the United States and that the "two" year also didn't apply to U.S. purchases. I ended up buying a different incubator. So this year I decided to try again with the king suro. I put in a new fan, it holds temp, but is a degree and 1/2 off, after the first 24 hours operating it is only a 1/2 degree off, if I can trust my thermometer. So I have been looking around trying to find a dealer that would sell me a temperature/humidity sensor. I didn't find anyone that listed the sensor so I wrote to an ebay seller that was a dealer for the suro king 20. I got their reply back today, "We can offer you the sensor if the unit is under our warranty. Certain parts we have to reserve strictly for warranty work" Okay, I'm writing this 1. because I'm P.O.ed. Does anybody know where I can get a temperature sensor for the king suro 20? and 2. If you haven't already- don't buy this incubator, when you have a problem, your 2 year warranty goes down to a 6month warranty, and they have no service.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by