Kink in my neck from staring in the incubator.... Pics of Dry Fuzzies!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fanov8, Sep 19, 2010.

1. fanov8

fanov8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    LOL, so the subject line pretty much explains everything I do believe! Today is day 20 for my eggs and they are rocking! I also hear some peeping going on too! I'm so excited that I can't stand it! These are special little barnyard mixes for us. We got our chicks back in March from our local farm store. We got a White Crested Black Polish Roo, 2 Rhode Island Red pullets, 1 Barred Rock Pullet, 1 Black Sex Link pullet, and 1 Red Sex Link pullet. Well, our Roo got out and tried to go after the dog and didn't make it. Then last week our Barred Rock got out and the neighbors dog got her. The kids and I were just heart broken. So I grabbed a few eggs out of the fridge and let them sit over night to get to room temp then tossed them in the incubator. And since we just moved from Indiana to Tennessee we've not yet brought the chickens down, they are still in Indiana with my hubby while he finishes up at his job. So he grabbed the eggs out of the nest boxes for the day and brought them down when he came that weekend so we put those 4 in also. Out of the 10 refridgerated eggs, 2 never developed, 2 quit, and one was a double yolker that quit. So that left us with the 5 that are in lockdown now and the 4 fresh eggs that go into lockdown on Tuesday! Last time I candled they were all doing fantastic! I can't wait to see what these little ones look like! Hmmm, does anyone know if the White Crested Black Polish Roo and the Barred Rock Hen will create a sex link? I'm not very sure how that works, I've never seen it done with a Polish before. [​IMG]

Edited for spelling!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. nifty50chick

nifty50chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    woohoo! sounds like fun.....keep us posted!

3. fanov8

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    Last night at around 10:45 I had two pips! And at 6:45 this morning I had one baby out and about 5 minutes later I had another chick hatch! Eeeeeek! I'm so excited! I also have another pip! I will post some pics as soon as I get back from taking my son to school.

4. fanov8

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    UPDATE: Here are pics of the first 2 out. I now have 1 more out and 2 more zipping! If they all 5 make it to hatching I will be so excited!! I get to go through all of this excitement again at the end of this week too!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    Congrats on the new fuzzy butts!!

6. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Thats AWESOME!!! [​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Ha, a kink in the neck. I can relate. [​IMG] I'm a 53 yr.old broken down ranch hand. I have a Sportsman 1502, & hatch ALOT of eggs.I'm on batch 40 since January. My bator is in the kitchen, & 3 or 4 times a day I have to get down on my hands & knees with a flashlight, to check on them. Getting up is quite the chore!Bad knees, bad back, bad neck, bad shoulder, bad wrists, bad finger joints, & probably bad breath! Man, raising fuzzybutts is hard work!

8. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    Quote:[​IMG] I love it!!!

Im in the same boat, I was down on my derriere last night staring in the hatcher that my legs went numb and I finally had to get up. Hatching is so much fun!!!

OOPS forgot to add to the OP that your babies are soooooo cute!!!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. Sir Birdaholic

Quote:[​IMG] I love it!!!

Im in the same boat, I was down on my derriere last night staring in the hatcher that my legs went numb and I finally had to get up. Hatching is so much fun!!!

LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Sir Birdaholic

Why is it hilarious to get old & broken down? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by