kittens/cats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by arabianequine, Sep 15, 2010.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Why does my kitten not eat till full? He keeps coming back and eating more like 10 times in an hour now.

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    little tiny tummy, little tiny attention span. Play hard, eat, fall asleep in the middle of activities; a kitten's life if hard! [​IMG]

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Some cats/kittens are like that, eat a little bit go off and do something else for awhile and digest some of whats in their belly and then return to the food bowl twenty minutes later. Then you have the exact opposite the cats that sit there and gorge themselves to near bloat in one go and then stumble off to pass out - lol.

Something I've noticed is that the ones that eat very very little at a time like 5+ times in an hour maybe 2-4 different episodes in a day tend to have hairball and/or easily upset stomachs and so they regulate their food intake it seems. My vet told me about looking out for that when I had a cat that continuously went and ate a few mouthfuls of food and then left only to return a few minutes later off and on regularly. Sure enough anytime she'd eat more than a few bites like chicken or fish she'd get sick, her stomach was small and easily unsettled.

But of course it could be like the previous poster said, short attention span and small belly [​IMG] one never knows!

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Just was wondering it is kinda irritating cause the kitten food is up on my desk to keep away from the dogs so they don't eat it. So I have noticed this more probably. But everytime I walk towards this way he goes tearing in front of me and I either kick him or he trips me. Also when I'm sitting at my desk he will jump up and down and up and down while using me as a stool half the time walks right over my laptop in-front of what I am looking at and papers.

I give him wet cat food am and pm that is when he is the worst seems like he wants it soooo bad and then take a couple bites and off he goes he does not go off and sleep just messes around. He was born this april so he is only 5 months old.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    mom'sfolly :

little tiny attention span. Play hard, eat, fall asleep in the middle of activities;

Just like us folks on BYC.​

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    oh look, a kitten [​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Oh look, kibble.

8. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Agreed and agreed. [​IMG]

Quote:Just like us folks on BYC.

9. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Cats are natural born grazers. They generally won't eat everything in the bowl like a lot of dogs will. I leave food out free choice for my cats. If I didn't, they would drive me crazy meowing for food all the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by