Kittens galore!!!! pics and stories

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lilarabookworm, Nov 21, 2008.

1. lilarabookworm

lilarabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    post pics of your kittens or stories. knock yourselves out. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I'll Bite! I don't currently have any kittens, but my cats were kittens once! I own 2 1/2 cats.

The oldest is Teddy. After I lost my cat Omen to a tick bite, I desided I wanted another cat. Teddy was actually born before Omen died. His mom belonged to my sister, she'd brought her over when she was having them becuase something was wrong, the kittens were premies, they were very tiny, and nearly hairless, and looked more like baby rats! She had 5 but unfortunately my sister is not a very good pet owner, and the mama cat (Lily) was not a very good mom, because of that by the time they were 7 weeks, there were only two left. I knew Teddy from the time he was born, but had no idea he end up being mine. All I knew for sure was that I wanted a short haired male cat, and since Teddy was the only surviving male I let my sister talk me into taking him!

He was such a tiny kitten, and so round, w/ that and the fact that he didn't have a tail he looked like a tiny little bear! My mom wanted me to name him Bear, but I just couldn't see myself calling him that, so we comprimised and named him Teddy Bear, Teddy for short! I think he's around 3 years old now and doesn't look anything like a bear.

Here's a baby pic of Teddy, living dangerously, he's swatting Havoc's ear as he sleeps!
    [​IMG]

Next is my 1/2 cat Moxie, I found her on Petfinder, shouldn't even have been looking, but sometimes I like to torture myself. She was just so pretty, I told myself no. But I couldn't help myself, I showed her to my mom, the cat person! Of course she had to suggest we get her and share her (I was staying w/ her at the time), and how could I resist? So we made an appointment to see her. I think she had a hard time in her short life before we got her, she was born w/ a deformed tail and apparently was brought to be pts because of it, the owners were persuaded to give her up and that is how she ended up at the shelter. When we picked her up she was super skinny, w/ a scar on one eye, and a blown pupil on the other. The vet said she was most likely hit in the head, I believe the previous owners may have tried to put her down themselves by knocking her in the head, I also think it's possible she has some brain damage from it. She's just alittle odd! She doesn't seem to know how to be around other cats (and because of that got picked on for a long time (and still does by some cats (Teddy included), but now does alittle picking of her own). It took a long time for me and her to bond, she was very skittish and would pull away if you tried to pet her, like she didn't understand what you were doing. However we did finally make friends, and I'm pretty crazy about her now! She doesn't like kids or most people, but she has bonded w/ me and mom, and to a lesser extent two of my sisters!

Sometimes at night she likes to lay on my back, and when I watch TV she likes to sit on my armrest or the back of the chair. I think she may be jealous of my pot bellied piglet because lately she keeps trying to lay in my lap, most often on top of the piglet (at this moment they are both in my lap), and she's normally not a lap kitty! She's also a big time kneader, definately have to keep her nails trimmed!

Couldn't find any baby pics, but here's one when she was probably 2 years old (she's about a month younger then Teddy),
    [​IMG]

And lastly Wonder! So I really didn't need another cat, didn't even want one! But I've gotten a rep for being a sucker I guess, someone had found this tiny kitten and were told to bring it to me. He was somewhere between 1-2 weeks old and all white with a grayish tail, he was a major cry baby! As he grew he went through so many color changes, which is how he got his name Wonder (as in I wonder what color he'll end up?)! He's 2 now, and still a big baby, but atleast he's not so loud now! He does love to jump on my shoulders and ride around every chance he gets, another one that really has to keep his nails trimmed!

Here are some baby Wonder pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly just to share, here's a baby pic of Omen!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Beautiful,

They are all lovely and obviously very spoilt by you.

lol.. they are so sweet.

Jena.

4. lilarabookworm

lilarabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    omg they are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    ill post a picture of my old cat. she was adorable! [​IMG] i miss her
    tddy bear is especially adorable!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  5. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Thanks, I'm quit fond of them! So far looks like I'm the only one to play!

6. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    This is our old crusty Krowned Kat of Katerium
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my beautiful boy Cinder
    [​IMG]

Cinder on top, Gizmo below on ladder
    [​IMG]

Cinder as a baby
    [​IMG]

Gizmo (R.I.P. he was hit by a car last week ....not only is the family all upset, but his friend Cinder just lays by the front door now)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gizmo and Krowned Kat
    [​IMG]

(most of those are baby pics of Gizmo...I cant find the recent ones in all my cat pictures)

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwww........some awfully precious kitties so far. [​IMG] I just have to show off my girls. [​IMG] All were strays at one point.....I only get dumped/abandoned/or shelter animals. [​IMG]

First is Mathilda. she is perfect. PERIOD. [​IMG] She is sweet and gentle, super quiet. Doesn't like to be picked up but is a lover anyway. Every night when I tuck the kids in, she get in bed with my oldest son and reads with him until he goes to sleep.

[​IMG]

Next is a pic of two of my girlies. The Siamese looking girl is Lucy. She is my husband's cat and he thinks she can do no wrong. [​IMG] She is actually pretty nasty....at least to the other cats. She will sit on the coffee table and slap them as they walk by. I love the little monster dearly, though. [​IMG] She loves to snuggle me and can be awfully charming. She is grooming Petunia. You can't see Petunia's face, but she has one blue eye and one gold eye. She is a one person cat. Absolutely HATES everyone but me. [​IMG] She is quite a little chunk. The other three girls are fairy lean. This little lady spends a LOT of time trying to tenderize me. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last is my little sweetie, Gem. This little girl's name fits her perfect. She is a wonderful little thing. Always wants to be loved on, so sweet natured, purs so loud I think the neighbors can probably hear. She just adores everyone she meets.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  8. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Here are my two girls (Maine Coons) that I adopted from our local animal shelter. They are now 5 years old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by