kittens have eyes stuck together

piecemaker

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Centerville Texas
looks like maybe a cold in their eyes any suggestion on what to do to help them. Ive been soaking them with a warm rag when I find them The mom keeps moving them

Theresa

I would keep with the warm, wet wash cloth and depending on the age, get some terremycin (sp?) ointment for their eyes and that should clear it up. Just take a small amount and wipe it from the inside corner of they eye across to the outer corner of each eye.

Eyes that keep gunking up can be a sign of a few illnesses. You need to talk to a vet.

Wash with cold tea. The tannic acid in the tea will clear up crusty eyes on cat, dog, baby, elder, chicken or cow. Many amazing things can be treated with a cup of tea. Broken hearts to weepy eyes! LOL.
caf.gif

Try and get some vitiman C in the kittens. The ointment is good for the eyes too. Check the kittens gums. They need to be good and pink. If they are white could be feline lukemia. Check the mama cats gums too. If its just a cold the vitiman C will knock it out. Its just like when humans drink orange juice when sick. I give my cats vitimin C every winter to prevent colds.

Be sure to give mama extra vitamins, so she will pass it on to the babies. Oh, is it a tiny kitten? I have never seen it on older kittens.

Back
Top Bottom