Kitties and bunnies

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by amysue2012, May 11, 2008.

1. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Yesterday we went to the live stock auction (my 10yr old almost begs to go every week). Anyhow, they had some baby kittens...even though we already had 2 kittens at home that were 4 1/2 weeks old and another litter due at any time... my daughter talked me into two more kittens...since they were colors that we didnt currently have. And guess what...we got home to find momma had crawled in one of the rabbit nest boxes and had 3 little kittens of her own! [​IMG] They are all so presouse.

Then to my surprise one of my White New Zeland does finally had little ones over night. It was her first litter so I wasnt sure if she was even ganna have any. She had 8 all with one of them not making it...I hope she nurses the rest...they didnt appear to have plump bellies yet [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    O my lots of little surprises. Congrats on your new members.

3. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    i love when i'm not sure if a rabbit is bred and i go out and there are babies! has she fed them yet? new kitties too?! what a busy day! congrats!

4. amysue2012

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Just went out and checked bunnies all seem to be doing well she still has them in the back of the box where I put them yesterday...(she had them all up in the front of the box).

And as for the kittens...lol momma to the 4 week old kittens had crawled in the box with momma#2 and kittens that were just born Saturday. I took momma#1 out and put her with her own kittens and the to that we addoptied...she layed down and started nursing all 4 of them.

I am soooo happy I have good mommas willing to care for little ones even if they are not theirs!

5. amysue2012

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    [​IMG] my best breed doe is pulling fur!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Life is good! [​IMG]

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Wow, sounds like a trip to the neutering clinic should be due for several of the pets very soon!

7. amysue2012

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    My dogs are fixed. Cats unfortunately dont last long as they seem to get hit on road or disapper, and as for the rabbits we breed them for meat for ourselves. Goats are pets and 4H. And Chickens are for 4H and eggs. We dont have any neighbors or about a mile or so... So were good. Thanks

8. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh how sweet. You must post photos Please:D

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Yes, pictures would be nice. I'm sorry if I sounded snippy. I was in a stinky mood when I wrote it, and I wrote it without knowing your situation, so I apologize. Post pics if you have them. Everyone loves bunnies and kittens.

Last edited: May 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by