Kitty and her power play

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Dec 16, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Our former barn cat, now full-time house cat Kitty is driving me crazy.
    Ever since she moved into the house full-time a year ago her food dish has been on the washing machine. Our late dog, Charlie and now the puppy Jax both love cat food, so it was necessary to put the food up high. It's never been a problem.
    Then KiKi, the siamese, came to live with us in June and we put her food up too; on top of a rarely used counter top in the kitchen.
    This has worked since June.
    A couple of days ago Kitty decided to start eating out of KiKi's dish, so I moved her own dish over on the same counter as KiKi's. When I did that, Kitty started going back to the washing machine and crying for her food; so I moved her food dish back. Then she started going back to KiKi's dish again; ignoring her own food.
    KiKi is on a diet, Kitty is not.
    If her food dish is by KiKi's, she wants it back on the washing machine. If it's on the washing machine, she wants it back by KiKi's.
    The dishes and food are identical, it's just that KiKi gets much less of it.
    It's all a power play on Kitty's part, cuz she's a little ut-hum. [​IMG]

Where should I put her dish and leave it?

2. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    That's an easy one. Put a dish at both spots and food in each one since she's not the one on a diet.

Cats are just like that, don't you know!

[​IMG]

Rusty

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    It sounds like kitty is bored and playing "let's make mommy crazy". Give her something to do...like hide both dishes so she has to hunt for them. [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I can't put food in each one, since KiKi is on a diet. If I fill Kitty's dish, KiKi will eat it. If I fill KiKi's dish with the amount she's allowed to have, Kitty will eat it all and KiKi goes hungry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by