Kitty has a death wish...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Seriously. Is it normal for a cat to steal tomatoes?! I had 7 on the windowsill ripening and two are missing! I've found their skins and seeds throughout the house. She has taken to eating these things like they are kitty treats meant just for her! If I let her out, she'll eat the tomatoes off of the plants!

Does every cat do this?!

Nobody steals my tomatoes... grrr...

2. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    and NOW she has found the beans and spanned off parts. Is it ok for her to eat those?

Kind of like a live in compost heap...

3. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    We had a 13 year old kitty that was suicidal. All the time. Always laid down flat in front of people as they are running across the pasture, getting stuck between doors, laying next to ginormous draft horse hooves, laying under cars. After 13 years she finally got her fish last Saturday [​IMG]

4. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    We have a cat who eats whatever the chickens eat...so if they are eating watermelon, chicken food, or whatever she will join in.

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

Is this Mira (the cat you brought back to life) that is doing all this?!

6. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That would be the one! She's the only cat we have! (Brandon says it's one cat too many! haha! Just last night he was sitting in the chair petting her...big blow-hard.)

What she doesn't know is...she's getting her shots today...hehehehehe

7. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    My mom sets up tables in her garage for her tomatos to sit on and ripen. Well their cats thinks its funny to smack them off the table and watch them splat. Keep in mind she doesn't do this all them time. Like if shes alone in the garage she won't. But them minute someone is out there to get annoyed by it she starts slapping away.

8. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

mine will eat either tomatoes or cranberries. I only have one that will eat both

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Animals all have their own idiocies, like people. Your weird cat likes tomatoes. My weird dog likes carrots. The weird outside dogs eat the hay along side the goats every evening.

10. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:Haha! She sure is one lucky little cat! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by