Kitty Losing Nose? Wth? *PICS*

BeccaB00

Songster
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Kansas
Ok. So I've got this cat. Her name is mama-kitty. Shes about 16-17 years old. Shes losing her nose! At first I thought our younger kitty may have pounced on her or somthing, so I doctored it and let it be. But a few weeks later I noticed more and more of it going! It runs alot to, and somtimes bleeds. We're going to be taking her to the vet as soon as we can. Since shes so old and has MANY other problems, some other health problems to, we'll probably have to have her put down.
hit.gif
Shes has knots under her belly to but our vet didn't say not one word about those when we took her for her check-up. Shes had those for a couple years now. But what in the world would cause her nose to disapear?! Gonna get her to the vet as soon as possible, but I wanted other people's opinions on what this could be??
Thanks

60753_sdc16502.jpg

60753_sdc16503.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to say what the problem is. Your pics aren't up yet as I type this. Injury, skin cancer, don't know.
I hope the vet can help her Becca
fl.gif

JJ

Quote:
thanks
sad.png
I know it's going to be hard. I've had her since I was 1 year old.
hit.gif

hopfully we wont have to have her put down, but from the way it's looking, we will...
sad.png

Last edited:
Is she eating well? (often my barometer to judge how they are feeling).
Skin cancer, likely now that I'm seeing the photo... is not necessarily dire. Depends how serious at this point (has this been going on for a long time or just recently) and what her other health issues are........
Sending good wishes for her.
JJ

Pempagus ... look it up ... may not be spelled totally right. I have an Oj/Wh cat with it. When it flares, it looks just like what you have. Very, very treatable. The test does require a skin scraping and we sent in residue (scab) also. Pred, Otomax, & Orbax is what we use. It is an immune problem. Common in light colored cats. It is an inflamation of the soft tissues surrounding the eyes, ears, pads, mouth, and ? (cannot remember the 5th area). Uncommon to have on more than 2 areas. ... But my cat has pulled inflamation in all! Gotta love that bad boy! The clue to keeping the cat in good health is to be a good mommy and pay attention to the signs. If you catch it early ... you will be fine.

Good luck ... but do see a vet ... get it under control and you will have a friend for a life time.

Given her coloring, if she is an outdoor cat, I'd also say skin cancer. My neighbor's cat had skin cancer that started on her pink nose. It looked much like what your cat has. She lived well over a year with the cancer, and didn't seem to be in any discomfort or pain. She ate well, and acted pretty normal for a very long time.

Hope it is something treatable.

Quote:
Oh she eats all the time
hmm.png
We're actually trying to cut down on her eating.
It started this year, but it's been a few months. I didn't think anything of it until recently when it really started getting bad.

ETA: The only other 'health' problem shes got is her eyes run like crazy. We have to give her eye drops for that every now and then, but shes so old, she hardly has any teeth left, she has a hard time cleaning herself, and somtimes she sounds like shes having troubles breathing..
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom