KK's first time in the ring as a Special

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Today was a historic and momentous day in my life as a breeder, and Katie’s show career. My first time in the ring with a Special that I bred and finished myself. She was as awesome as a puppy her age can be. Stood perfectly for exam. Gaited nicely. And looked as gorgeous as only she can.

However, she is still a 13 month old puppy. She felt the pressure. Or the lovely day. Or just decided that she is, after all, a 13 month old PUPPY, and played around at a critical time during judging. I set a foot. She moved it. I set it back. She moved 2 more. I could almost hear her giggling, and I could DEFINITELY see the twinkle in her eye. It made me smile. Then we went around the ring and she hopped around a little, in just her complete puppy joy at being alive. We got no ribbon. But what I took out of the ring with me, well…

That’s worth a whole lot more than any ribbon.

My BRED BY SPECIAL puppy. And after all. Tomorrow is another day. [​IMG]

A few photos of us in the ring today…..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Congratulations on a great day with your girl! She's beautiful and it's awesome that you appreciated the experience, with or without the ribbon![​IMG]

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

4. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Historic and momentous is so right! Hugs to you both on a very special day!

[​IMG]

Rusty

5. FlaRocky

FlaRocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Very NICE bi-ch, she will get it. Just keep it fun in the ring..... Congratulations on your homebred, looks like judge liked what she saw. Nice gait. It's just the puppy in her got you today. Any majors yet? Where are you, and what do you need for bi-ches? What are her lines?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  6. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:Katie has gotten nothing BUT majors! She is a champion already. Pretty cool, isn't it?

There are lots of threads on here about her. We have all enjoyed watching her grow up into this wonderful champion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by