Knee elbow? Poping out HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Freckle Face Farm, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    OK my orp's roo knee or elbow is poping out is it fixable.. [​IMG] When he walks it looks like his knee is giving out how would you fix it? HELP [​IMG]

2. djmooney

djmooney Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Could we please be a bit more helpful here?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  3. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    I would look under slipped tendon. Maybe a splint for a short period of time would help but this is a new one for me.

A 12 guage is not the answer. There are a lot of people on this forum who will be able to help. I just don't have any knowledge about this one. Guess I have to get my chicken health book out and search fast! No worries![​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. Freckle Face Farm

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Thanks trying too figure out what it is... [​IMG]

5. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    The only information I could find was for slipped tendons and that information only covered chicks. How old is the roo? Can you post pictures. I was thinking that you could fashion a splint out of popsicle sticks or paint stirers but then I don't know how the roo would roost to rest. I'm stumped.

Can anyone else help?

6. Freckle Face Farm

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I used a splint for a broken finger...My daughter does sports medicine she patched him up hope he heals ok I am not sure how old he is my neighbor brought him over to us..(suckers) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by