Knitting help... again lol

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by A1 Steak Sauce, Jan 6, 2010.

1. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Ok, so I finally found time to get all my knitting stuff together and give it a whirl. So far I can cast on all day long but when I try to actually knit it turns into a huge, ugly rat's nest pretty fast. I've watched videos, read a couple books, but I'm having a terrible time understanding what I'm doing wrong... I doubt from that description you'd know what I'm doing wrong either, I know I'm not giving a lot of info, but I figure I'd ask anyway. [​IMG]

2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    No idea without more information.

3. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Ok I have the answer try utube many many vidios and if you dont understand one try another... Good luck [​IMG]

4. Freckle Face Farm

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida

5. A1 Steak Sauce

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Thanks! Lol yeah, I know that was a pretty bad description (what description huh?) I'll try some more videos then, I might have to put a flyer up in my area to see if anyone around me knows what I'm doing wrong lol, hopefully not but I'm pretty *duh* sometimes!

6. Freckle Face Farm

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I just started to try to knitt. The book didnt work but the vidieo was stop, pause,rewind..rewind, rewind, rewind. [​IMG] But sooo far I have about 10 rows done [​IMG]

7. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Go to knittinghelp.com They have great videos, and it's all there instead of having to search around youtube. I've found that the vids at knittinghelp are more concise and helpful there, too. Good luck!

8. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I had my Mom teach me. Can you go to a craft or fabric store and see if they have lessons? If you are having trouble by watching a video, maybe having someone watch you would work better. Then instead of trying to figure out what you are doing wrong, someone else can figure it out for you? I had to have my mother watch me and correct me as I went, now I'm very comfortable with the why's and how's and I even was able to draw up a dropped stitch through several rows and it came out looking right ( I was super proud of that haha)

9. A1 Steak Sauce

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Alright thanks! Yeah, I'm still having trouble knowing what I'm doing wrong, so I'm about to just put flyers up and see if anyone around me knows how to knit. We don't have a fabric store anywhere around here, but we have a really dinky Wal-Mart though lol. Thanks for the help y'all, and wish me luck, think I'm going to need it lol! [​IMG]

10. eastbaychicks

eastbaychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Livermore
    The best way to learn is to start small.... with big needles. You're probably doing it right and just are nervous. I was the same way. I just learned to knit in the last year and it's a little overwhelming as your first few rows just look like nothing. Let's see some pictures of what you're doing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by