Know any Chicken-related Folk-tales?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tigerfeet, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Tigerfeet

Tigerfeet Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    Iowa
    I know the story of the little red hen who grew and baked her own bread (the other animals wouldn't help her)

I also know the story of the milk-maid who planned to sell her pail of milk and buy a basket of eggs, planning how much money she would make on the chickens that hatched and so on and so on.

Does anybody else know of any chicken-related folktales? I'm really enjoying planning for chickens (even if I might not get them this year). In addition to my indoor coop, I want to make a tractor for summer housing (I'll be using these plans: http://www.catawbacoops.com/ ) and, in an effort to pacify the throngs of townsfolk that cluster in the street next to my property (we're next-door to a baseball field), and to offer an outlet for my creative antsy-ness, I wanted to paint scenes from chicken-flavored folk tales along one side.

So! Folktales please [​IMG]

2. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Chicken Little-"The sky is falling!" co-starring Henny Penny, Turkey Lurkey and Foxy Loxy. Did I leave anyone out?

3. Tigerfeet

Tigerfeet Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    Iowa
    Oooh I'd forgotten about that one!

Does anybody else know of any more?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by