Know that Travelers Ins. commercial w/the worried dog?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Nov 4, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The one where the dog is so worried about his bone he tries burying it in the backyard, putting it in a safe deposit box, etc.?

That commercial reminds DH and I so much of my Charlie Girl, gone a year and a half now, that we both stop whatever we are doing to watch it. Even the dog being worried about the bone is so typical of Charlie. She never had competition for food when she lived with me, but she insisted on hiding her bones and excess food anyhow; even if it meant just scooting them under a throw rug with her nose. And OMG! the shot of the dog in the window is soooo Charlie.

I told hubby yesterday that I wish they would stop showing the commercial. It opens up an almost healed spot in my heart every time I see it, but he says he enjoys the commercial still since it gives him a chance to see Charlie's sweet face again.

Do you ever get over the loss of a good dog?

2. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    We lost our toy poodle Roxie four years ago this month and I still miss that little girl so much. We have two dogs now both sweethearts and I love them so much but Roxie was so special. She was so funny she would lay on her side and "run" with all four legs when she was happy. I still smile when I think about it.

So no I don't think you ever get over losing your best friend you just get past it.

3. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    5 yrs ago we lost out shepherd/lab mix ,Buck, to cancer and we still miss him every day. He gave the best hugs
    and 3 mths ago I lost my lhasa he was 15.And even though we have a new puppy and she is a little cuddle bug and won't leave my side (right now she's sleeping behind my head on the back of the couch) I still miss my
    Dusty!
    I don't think we will ever get over them but that's ok. Cause of all those wonderful memories.

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I feel for y'all, I truly do. [​IMG]
    I love our two boys, the german shepherds, so much. It's just not the same as what I had with Charlie Girl.

5. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    I don't think you ever get over the loss but if your heart is big enough, as yours is gritsar, you open it to others who need to love and be loved. Your Charlie Girl would be proud of you for your big heart. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:It is SO good to see you my friend! Where you been hiding? [​IMG]

7. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    It is more than WONDERFUL to talk to you again as well gritsar!! I have missed you my friend!! You cross my heart and thoughts often. As for me, I have lurked here on occasion just to see what everyone is up to and how they are doing, and to search for answers to questions, but all in all have been just too danged busy to stop by to chat! Woodstove weather is upon us and my spare time has been spent cutting, splitting, hauling......gosh but wood warms you in SO many ways!!! How have you been and how is that hubby of yours? Your two boys have sure turned into very handsome young dogmen!!

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I am doing good. Hubby is still home on workmans comp. Still has two or three small blood clots in his leg and the city won't let him come back to work while still on blood thinners. Housework has been non-existant since he's been home. [​IMG]
    I love wood heat. We need to re-arrange things in this house and get our chimney checked so we can start using the woodstove again.
    Thanks for the compliment on the boys. Kane will be a year old next month. Time flies.

Blessings to you. [​IMG]

9. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    No, you never get "over" it. Time helps to smooth over the rough edges, but you still miss them. I always say it's a tribute to your fur friend that you want to open your heart to a new one. I still step over the spot next to my bed where she would sleep when I get up in the middle of the night.
    Slinky

10. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Jessie, my boxer, was truly my 4 legged soul mate....she left me way too soon, 15 years ago. There are times that I still feel her by my side; I feel her presence in the room with me. The only consolation is that I firmly believe she'll be waiting for me on the other side....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by