Know what's sad??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by birdlover, May 12, 2007.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I was letting my chickens out of the coop this a.m. when I heard what I thought was a flock of geese approaching overhead. When I looked up to see them (I love watching geese fly by), I saw that it was just one lone goose who had lost his flock and was honking for all he was worth while he desparately searched for them. I hate the sad side of nature!! [​IMG]

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Maybe that's my Goosey [​IMG] right before Thanksgiving he showed up, he was a Blue goose.
    He hung out on the bayou with the domestic geese here & dissappeared about a month ago. All of the migrating geese have been long gone.
    It's sad to hear about that goose, but maybe he'll find his way to his buddies. [​IMG]
    Miriam

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    That breaks my heart. But I choose to believe it will find his/her flock or another that will take it in. [​IMG] Nature can be cruel, but I believe there are happy endings more often than not.
    I gotta believe it, cuz otherwise I wouldn't want to leave the house...[​IMG]

4. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Thanks, Miriam and Denise,
    It's great to have a couple of shoulders to cry on. Miriam, I'm so sorry about your goosey. Perhaps he joined the migrating geese? Let's say he did! [​IMG] This was a Canadian goose. Don't believe I've seen a blue goose before. Denise, I'll join your thinking and assume he hooked up with his flock or another. :| Sure do hope so! Thanks again, guys.

Ellen

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by