Knowlege needed

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by slvrphoenix, May 24, 2010.

1. slvrphoenix

slvrphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    cache valley ut
    I recently purchased some diamond doves. I was going to put them outside in a coop but the wife said they are to small to be out there. So I built a flight cage that is 46" long by 20" deep and 25" tall. I built it because I couldn't find one that was long enough to buy. So I built the largest I could to fit in a area. So my question is how can I tell if they like there new cage. They have been in it for a couple of hours and haven't settled down yet. They have found the food and water. Thank you

2. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

if they are eating and drinking they're not stressed. they'll probly be in explore mode for a few days. as far as liking it, the only way I can tell if my birds like their cages is if they are willing to go back to them by their own free will. this even worked with my pigeons when I'd let them out to fly, they'd spend most of their time on the roof of the loft or on the landing board and they were pigeons that originally came from the streets of a near by city.

3. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    We used to breed Diamond Doves, we converted an old storage building into their aviary, they were in it all year round, even when it got to single digits, we never lost one!!!

4. slvrphoenix

slvrphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    cache valley ut
    I would put them outside but the wife says no. Where I am at it will get to negative numbers and stay that way for a couple of weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by