1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Knoxville, Tennessee. Tell me why you love it! Or hate it lol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AuberyMirkwood, Dec 20, 2011.

1. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    I'm thinking that I would like to move to the Knoxville, Tennessee area and now is the time to convince hubby [​IMG]

I'm interested in owning small personal "hobby" farm. But to both hubby and I culture is important. Art, music, etc.

So tell my why you love it, hate it, or any first hand opinion. [​IMG]

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    University of Tennessee is in Knoxville!!
    [​IMG]
    Go Vols!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  3. AuberyMirkwood

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Quote:I did notice there were many colleges :-D They will be a good source of jobs for us.

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I love the mountians. It is a cute town, but they kind of roll up the sidewalks on Sundays. [​IMG]
    I guess that is true of any southern town. I just happened to pass through on a Sunday.

5. AuberyMirkwood

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Yeah I think a lot of towns are like that. Even here in the west [​IMG] Must be a "country/small town" thing [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My parents lived there for a few years and my sister has lived in Knoxville for about 25 years. My ex husband and I lived there for a total of three months; moving there from Asheville, NC. At the end of the three months I ran screaming back to Asheville. Knoxville is too big city for me...and that's coming from someone that grew up part-time in Miami, Florida. Like some of the smaller towns east of Knoxville, in Sevier county; just not Knoxville proper.

7. Glenmar

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I LOVE ASHEVILLE. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That is a magical town. I would love to love there.

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    If I could pick this farm up and move it anywhere I'd move it to Buncombe County, NC or the area around Pigeon Forge, TN.

9. Glenmar

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Quote:I agree. I love it out there. It would be a bit farther to the beach though. It is 7 hours for me to get to Asheville, so I get to visit only once per year.

10. AuberyMirkwood

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Quote:My idea was to live about 15-30 minutes away from Knoxville [​IMG] That's not too bad of a commute and it appears that there is some nice country. I grew up in Denver CO, and hubby grew up in Hawaii. We currently live on the high plains of New Mexico, imagine, if you will, being able to see so far you can see the earth's curve. NO trees grow outside of city limits or a few around homesteads. Our town has 30,000 people and the nearest town big enough to have a walmart is 2 HRS away. People who move it here from the east feel naked under the sky and are over whelmed by the incredible distances of NOTHING.

Can you tell I am unhappy? [​IMG] I want to move someplace where there are actually water above ground, where things grow, as well as have the arts within an hours drive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by