.Kosher King and Rosambro updates

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Bucky182, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Bucky182

Bucky182 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    Sorry for not posting more but I have been very busy. The KK are now 8 weeks old and going great imagine a Barred rock on steroids. Out of 54 I have lost 4 one did not grow, one got hurt my falt and one leg problem and one just died. They are great foragers and are very active eating grass bugs or what ever they weigh about 3-4 pounds now on average.

The Rosambro's I got from MT-DI are not as good.
    1st ordered 50 and got 50 well really 49 one came dead and they where shipped in a box less than 1/2 the size the KK came in from thier hatchery Nolls.
    I have lost 5 more due to leg problems and just dieing.
    they are not as good at foraging as the KK and are two weeks younger, The Rosambros are almost all white in color some have a black feather here or there. They are alot more docile than the KK and more of a coop potatoe.
    They Roseambro's do seem to have a larger breast area however.

2. Bucky182

Dec 1, 2009
    I guess for my next batch I will have to get FR just so some one will read the post. LOL No they cost too much...

3. Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Tiffrz-N-Kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Aledo, TX
    Kosher Kings? Where do you get them?

4. Bucky182

Dec 1, 2009
    They are from Noll's hatchery in PA. I live in KS and they all came alive and very healthy. Noll's is a Menonite hatchery so they have no website but if you google them they have a phone number and will send you a brochure. They have 3 kinds of meat birds, the KK and White bird they call a Meat Maker and a red bird. They also sell RR very cheap for eggs. They are really nice and honest people.

5. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    How are the Meat chickens doing now. Any change in the Rosambro, are they growing any better. How about the Kornish King?

Am wanting to get me some meaties, but trying to find some that don't poop as much and stink as much as some that others have been talking about here on BYC.

6. Bucky182

Dec 1, 2009
    The Rosambros are growing good they seem to have a bigger breast than the K.K. They just are not as active or as good a forager as the K.K. The K.K. are great foragers and seem a little more healthty than the Rosambro's and they seem to have bigger thighs and legs. The K.K. feet are huge! One reason maybe the Rosambro's are a straight run the KK are all roo's. The Rosambro's will make a cleaner looking carcass as they are 90-95% all white and the K.K. are more barred rock looking.

If I was to order from MTDI again I would stress they put them in a bigger box when they ship them, the box was way to small for 50 chicks. The K.K. from Nolls came in a box 3 times bigger and there was no dead ones in it. They also sent extra chicks and MTDI did not.

7. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I would really really like to see some pictures of your birds . . . please [​IMG]

8. Jared77

Jared77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Howell, MI
    Yes pictures please.

Id also be curious to see a KK to BR breeding. Maybe bring some heft and size back into the BRs. Dang it now you've got me thinking here!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by