Kosova chickens Available in the US? Receiving eggs from abroad?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by talos321, Jun 2, 2008.

1. talos321

talos321 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was impressed with the Kodova Long Crowing Rooster someone had on here before pointing to a video. I would really like to have some of these. Only I cannot find them anywhere in the US. If anyone knows of a place let me know. Strangely someone offered to ship me eggs from Kosova, is this even legal and can eggs be shipped from another country have any chance of arriving safely?

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Gads!! Maybe if they wrap them in kevlar and sandwich them between a top and bottom 'crust' of 12 inch memory foam???? I have a feeling overseas postal service handling may be as "troublesome" as our own, if not moreso. Fed-Ex'ed-- maybe.

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    The USDA (and possibly many other government agencies) would seriously frown upon this. [​IMG] I don't believe it's legal at all. And I would be worried about the trustworthiness of someone when buying from another country--not that people from other countries can't be trusted, that's not what I mean--but that you have very little way of knowing, no recourse if things go bad, etc.

4. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe legal with all the proper paperwork... [​IMG] better have lots of cash...... [​IMG]
    fed~ex is the PO
    Charlie

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by