Kraienkoppes

MrPepers

Songster
Jul 14, 2017
I found some BBR Kraienkoppes for sale on ideal poultry. Has anyone ordered some from there? Are they any good, or should I get them somewhere else?

That thread is pretty dead, I haven't seen many discussions on the kraienkoppes. I have three pullets from ideals rare breed assortment, one of which may be a kraienkoppe. I need to check her ear color and comb again. I'll get pics to compare soon and try to post here.

These birds were from Ideal, Rare Breed Standard Size Pullet Special. The original bet on this lady; due to her practically non existent comb, bright yellow legs, coloring, and tail set, was Kraienkoppe However, her ear lobes have just turned white and this week we started getting one rather small, very brown egg a day from what could only be her. (The other is a Egyptian Fayoumi and a New Hampshire) So sorry to say I'm not sure what she is now, maybe an Aseel.. Her egg is so dark and small compared to all my other girls.
I wish I could've been more help but I am assuming that it is her that just started laying this little dark brown egg, which kind of throws her being a Kraienkoppe out the window. (The red on her beak is tomato, not anything horrible , lol)

Attachments

• IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2014.JPG
    IMG_2014.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom