krazychick

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kathy Z, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Hello to all!

I am a new member. Joined BYC earlier this month. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks. My name is Kathy Z. I live in Oregon.
    I have loved chickens all my life! In High School, I was a member of the FFA and on the Poultry Judging Team. I learned a lot about chickens!
    Now, many years later my Daughter-In-Law has started raising backyard chickens! They have 5 lovely girls. My son built an amazing coop from recycled materials. I believe the girls are Ameauricanas ?? They give us lovely light blue eggs 3-5 per day! My grandsons ( 4 & 7) go out every morning to visit the girls and collect eggs. I get to visit them on the weekends. I am basically homebound/disabled due to health issues. When ever I get to go see the grandkids & the girls it really lifts my spirits[​IMG]

The city in which we live allows up to 5 chickens, no roosters. Unfortunately our landlord won't allow us to have chickens. So I have a great collection of antique chickens, and other chicken collectibles. I have a hutch in 1 corner of my kitchen which is full of lot's of girls, and of course a large wooden rooster! We call it my chicken coop [​IMG]
    I am so happy to have found this group. I look forward to learning all about raising backyard chickens and meeting other chicken lovers!

Hope this post isn't too long, in the future I will share some photos of the girls.

Happy Peeping, Kathy Z (aka krazychick)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock [​IMG] Do your grand children live close to you? Maybe they could drop in for a visit between weekends.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] So glad you joined us.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

If you're unsure on the breed of your birds, you can post pictures of them here, and we'll try to determine what they are! You can also post in the What Breed or Gender section for some answers:https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Good luck with your flock!

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

I would definitely post photos of your unknown chickens in the What Breed or Gender is This? section of the forums. Knowledgeable chicken-identifiers there should be able to help.

Good luck with your birds!

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

9. Kathy Z

Oct 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Thank you drumstick diva. Yes my grandchildren live near us about 15 min. away. They may be coming over this afternoon to bring us some eggs[​IMG]
    Unfortunately I can't drive and their Mother also doesn't drive. My son works long hours in Heating & AC, so weekends are the best.

For now crazychick [​IMG]

10. Kathy Z

Oct 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Thank you Kelsie for the welcome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by