KrisH RobertH

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by karensc, Oct 5, 2012.

1. karensc

karensc Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2012
    My allotment ran out but no not everyone, some are normal and some are watery. I do not have a bird vet close by.

2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

I believe any vet will do a stool sample for worms, not just a bird vet. worms are not as species specific as many illnesses.

RobertH

3. KrisH

Oh, and by the way, more posts here will soon allow you to post pictures and other stuff.

do you have any poultry in addition to guinea?

RobertH

4. karensc

Oct 3, 2012
    no I only have 1 guinea. As a matter of fact, I do not live on a farm or nothing. I actually live in a sub division and Timmi is the guinea that got me started with these silly birds. Mine do not free range because some of the neighbors do not like them in their yards and when I did let them out, they went a little to far, to far for my comfort. At times I could hear them but did not know where they were. I have a 10 x 12 covered play yard for the daytime and a closed and locked hardware cloth covered pen under my deck at night time. Teddy is comfortable in that on his perch and the light on. In the winter, I cover it with corraguated plastic to keep all wind out. In the summer I remove 2 sides and leave 2 sides still covered to keep the wind out.

5. karensc

Oct 3, 2012
    If the watery poop continues, I will take some to a vet. I did not know that any vet would do it. Thanks for the info

6. KrisH

Interesting you started with guinea. They are interesting birds, [​IMG]

they can have a fowl attitude though[​IMG]

RobertH

in case anyone cares, KrisH is at the Doberman Pinscher National Specialty in Kentucky.

hence I am killing time online.

7. karensc

Oct 3, 2012
    They are interesting birds, crazy and silly. Teddy is quality entertainment, I think it is nice of you to keep KrisH's page online here warm for her.

8. KrisH

Birds are sleeping, so... what else am I to do?

RobertH

9. karensc

Oct 3, 2012
    If you have 100 birds, how do you keep track of all of them?

10. KrisH

large fowl chickens, bantam d'anvers, bantam ducle's, 19 turkeys, then the guineas. KrisH does the math.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by