Kristina in Baton Rouge, LA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kristina0306, Mar 2, 2017.

1. kristina0306

kristina0306 Just Hatched

Mar 2, 2017
    Central City, LA
    Hi. I'm new to chickens. Just got a trio of Rhode Island Red Bantams yesterday, from a guy looking to get rid of them, one rooster and two hens 3 years old.

This was after I'd bought 6 chicks from a friend, that are now 3 weeks old. So not only am I raising chicks for the first time, but I have to introduce the two flocks to one another once chicks are old enough to be outside at night. Talk about being overwhelmed!

I'm am reading everything I can think to read, as questions pop into my head. Lol

Wish me luck!

2. kristina0306

Mar 2, 2017
    Central City, LA
    [​IMG]

3. kristina0306

Mar 2, 2017
    Central City, LA
    [​IMG]

4. kristina0306

Mar 2, 2017
    Central City, LA
    [​IMG]

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on getting your new chicken adventures started :clap Those are lovely pics you have posted and they sure do look to be enjoying themselves in the sun. Good luck with your new birds and getting them all together once your chicks are big enough. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help you along the way.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Kristina, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Fine looking flock - thank you for joining BYC!!

7. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us, hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Kristina, nice to meet you. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.[​IMG]

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under kristina0306 [​IMG] Welcome!

Beautiful, healthy looking birds!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by