KuneKune pig question...

Mrs.Bagel

Hatching
Feb 7, 2018
For anyone here that has kunekune pigs- Should I get two pigs so that they have a companion or would a single kunekune do okay on its own? I've heard differing opinions so I'm looking for more personal opinions from you folks... Thanks a bunch!!

Welcome to the forum!!

Do you want it as a pet?
If so, and if you're willing to give it about the same amount of attention as a dog, one will be fine, although I'd recommend looking for something smaller than a kunekune.

If you're looking to raise them out, I'd get two. Pigs are social, and they're competitive eaters. Two always gain better than one alone.

Got it, thanks so much for your comment! I want them as pets for the time being. I'm definitely leaning towards getting two-maybe even a breeding pair.

Good luck in your new venture!

One thing to be cautious of - since their recent surge in popularity, there are a LOT of cross and poorly bred specimens out there being sold as breeding stock. And they're just as expensive as the really nice ones.

Sometimes it's hard to visualize from a written standard, here is a really good video about choosing pigs that meet the standard

Back
Top Bottom