L.M. Montgomery 'Chat'

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WoodChic, Nov 29, 2009.

1. WoodChic

WoodChic The Chic Chick

Oct 27, 2009
    KKV HQ
    I thought there should be a chat for the L.M. Montgomery books. [​IMG] Any other fans out there?

2. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Not familiar-what is the genre?

3. WoodChic

WoodChic The Chic Chick

Oct 27, 2009
    KKV HQ
    Fiction romancish novel. She died like 50 years ago, so her books are pretty old. She wrote the 'Anne of Green Gables' series. I don't know if you are familiar with those. -?-

4. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Sure-I remember reading some of those! I am working my way through 3 books currently, but will check her out. Thanks!

5. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I loved those books as a young girl-I should tell my husband I want the set for Christmas. A few years back I told him I wanted the "Little House" books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and he bought me the set in paperback in a very nice gift pack. I don't need hardcover, just the books and I was soooo happy when I unwrapped that present! I know he would hunt high and low for these, although I'm sure Amazon has them.

Those stories were wonderful and it would be a joy to reread them. I always loved how Gilbert used to tease Anne and how long it took for her to realize he really cared about her. Heartwarming, oh and Marilla and Rachel Lynne, ach I couldn't stand that Rachel, what a busybody and soo rude to Anne! Matthew was such a sweetheart and I'm so glad Anne had him to confide in when she was young, such a tragic time when he passed on. I think my favorite book of the series was Anne of Ingleside, I loved the married Anne and Gilbert and their brood-funny stories! Ohh, I wish I could find my old copies, I think they're buried in the attic, oh well, I'm going to have to tell dh about these for sure!

6. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    It's funny you should mention this now.

I LOVE Lucy Maude Montgomery. I just bought Ducky the whole 8 book boxed set of the Anne of Green Gables series for her birthday.

Currently, I am reading Christmas with Anne and Other Holiday Stories. It has a couple of Christmas stories from the Anne of Green Gables books, but there are also other stories that Montgomery wrote for magazines. Of course they all have happy endings and are a bit on the sweet side, but that is what I like about them.

I was given the first 3 books as a boxed set when I was about 10 or 11 and I lost count of how many times I read them over the years.

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

LOVED Anne of Green Gables....

8. accio! chickens

accio! chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    CANADA
    The actress who played Anne in the movies was on Heartland last week as Ty's mother [​IMG]

I loved the books growing up.

9. WoodChic

WoodChic The Chic Chick

Oct 27, 2009
    KKV HQ
    Quote:I think Anne of Ingleside and Rilla of Ingleside were my favorites. I cried all the time while I was reading Rilla of Ingleside. [​IMG]

10. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Refresh my memory on Rilla of Ingleside please, I don't remember that one at all-maybe I've never read it? If that's the case, I wonder how the heck that slipped past me?!! lol I did tell my dh about it and he said would search for the gift set of Anne of Green Gables!! I'm so excited! I know where I'll be the day after Christmas, butt on the couch and books in my lap! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by