La Fleche Eggs off eBay.

pgpoultry

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Wales
So, I swore I would never buy eggs again off eBay having had too many bad experiences to ever want to do so again. But...I did.

So, I swore I would not put any more eggs in the incubator this year as I already have too many chickens .But....I did.

Why la Fleche?....having read they can be flighty, unfriendly and ....well... that two-pronged comb doesn't exactly make them look like your guardian angel, does it?.... Heard they were rare and kind of felt sorry for them looking like THAT (I already have Naked Necks).

So........ I bought 6 La Fleche eggs and I bought them from eBay.....

Oh well, no need to find out too much about them out in the sticks with a very rocky drive for the postie in van-without-shock-absorbers driven at 70 mph to negotiate. Even if they were good when they were posted, they should be fully scrambled on arrival.

Eggs arrived quickly, labelled 'Fragile', well-packed,and handed over carefully by smiling postie.

Placed said eggs in the incubator. 5 days on (very early to candle, I know), but little thready veins in all 6!

Now, I am not counting my chickens before they hatch and accept I could still end up with nothing but warm and rotten eggs, BUT........Anybody keep La Fleche and can tell me their experiences with the breed?

Maybe someone can also suggest a good therapist for this need to own too many chickens and repeatedly hatch eggs....

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Been there, had those. Not a fan.

Between them bouncing off my face, the walls, ceilings, windows and roosts (while squawking & totally freaking out) every time I'd go into their area, getting flogged by the roosters and not being very cold hardy, I got rid of mine.

Back
Top Bottom